1. Cultural diversity – The world’s largest secular country is no stranger to people from different cultures, ethnicity, and religion. India is widely regarded as one of the most culturally diverse nations in the world. Therefore, it is easy adjusting yourself quickly in India, unlike any other country.
2. Language is no barrier - No, you won’t be lost if you do not know the local language. Moreover, it is easy to navigate through the streets due to high basic urban literacy rate of 86%. English is understood by a majority of Indian students, which makes ice breaking a breeze. Even the majority of courses offered under the Study in India program are taught in English. India is second only to the USA when it comes to speaking English.
3. Generation young- India has more than 50% of its population below the age of 25. It is a young country, literally. Therefore every 2nd person you bump into is a young, vibrant and energetic. It is a universal fact that it is easy to connect to someone of the same age.
4. Living on a budget - The average cost of living in India is USD $5,000 per annum, which is very much affordable as compared to the western countries where cost can go up to $20,000 per annum. One can easily find comfortable accommodation and afford a reasonably good lifestyle on a budget.
5. Public transportation – India has the world’s third largest road network at 1.9 million miles and the world’s largest railway network. Now, combine it with easily accessible public transportation like autorikshaw, bus, metro, cabs, and you are ready to commute in comfort at reasonable prices.
6. Always connected – Indian institutes are equipped with cutting edge IT facilities. The infinite riches of the internet are well within your reach with the robust equipment and facilities on offer. Oh did we tell you that you get free Wi-Fi access at most campuses? The government of India also aims transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy via its “Digital India” initiative. https://www.digitalindia.gov.in/
7. Lip smacking world cuisine – Diversity isn't simply restricted to the way of life here, it extends to food as well. When in India you can tickle your taste buds with familiar flavors from back home. You can also choose to pamper yourself with dishes from the local palate like the spicy north Indian, Chinese, Thai, Continental, Muglai, Tibetan and exotic south Indian etc. Moreover, you will find a wide variety of commonly used products at the local grocery stores.
8. Zero visa hassles – The Indian government has ensured that full support is being provided to International students via Study in India when it comes to VISA. One can easily get Visa for the duration of the course within a short span of time.
9. A friend indeed– India is home to over 40,000 international students. There are high chances that you just might connect to a friend from back home. Also, alumni associations for various countries are in place which gives you access to the elite graduate professionals from across countries. No matter where you go, the alumni network travels with you. Wimwians, the alumni association of IIM Ahmedabad has over 33,000 members spread across different industries and countries.
10. International recognition – An Indian degree is recognized across the globe. Over 200 of the Fortune 500 companies hire from the Indian institutes for international assignments. National-level statutory bodies such as NIRF and NAAC recognize all the listed institutes and ensure that they meet high-quality standards. No wonder, Indians like Indra Nooyi (Chairman and CEO of Pepsico worldwide), Sunder Pichai (CEO, Google llc) have occupied the stop spots on the global corporate map.
11. Student support – Every institute has student associations and international relation cell, which will provide you, support during your course of education here in India.