- Fly high, pay low – Many Indian travel websites offer discounts on flights from time to time. You can book flight tickets in advance and search for affordable travel options without any hassle. Moreover, the ever-reliable rail network is there to cater your needs for intercity travel.
- Affordable accommodation – Hostels are some of the best housing options available in India for international students. You can check the university website you have applied to know more about the hostel facilities available on your campus. Hostels offer comfortable and safe accomodation.
- Books & study material – Books and other study material for your chosen course can be quite expensive. A more pocket-friendly option is to visit any local bookstore for second-hand books that cost roughly USD 3-4 or less. You can also check out the library or resource centre within the campus, which will allow you to rent books for free.
- Happy tummy, low maintainence (if not included in hostel fees) – If you are staying in a hostel, the campus mess is your most affordable option for fresh and hot meals. You can also explore other options like ready-to-eat food that are easily available or order through food delivery apps, which are quite popular in India and cost about USD 7.26 for two people.
- Commute better, cheaper – India is home to the 2nd largest road network in the world and has affordable public transportation like bus and metro. The maximum ticket cost for a bus is USD 0.36 while a metro card can be recharged for a minimum amount of about USD 3. Also, taxi services are available at low costs in case you want to travel in total comfort and privacy.
- Only for student discounts – There are lots of places in India that offer special discounts for students. Carry your student ID card at all times to avail such offers and enjoy various benefits. Students are the favourite audience of cafes and restaurants in cities.
- Internet for peanuts – Internet services in India are very efficient and affordable. There are several options you can try, such as using public Wi-Fi wherever necessary. You can also use the free Wi-Fi at your campus or any local coffee shop nearby
- Revamp your wardrobe – Shop the local fashion stores and street markets, save a lot of money as you buy quality products at low prices. Do not shy away from bargaining at the flea markets, if you don’t find the prices right.
- Daily needs – Quality daily need products are available at value for money prices. You can buy the products online or can visit the nearby kirana/retail store for great deals on products and services.
Things to remember
It is quite natural to sometimes spend on products that are trending, but it may not always be affordable. You can still dress your best without burning a hole in your pocket by scouting local shops anywhere in India that is well-stocked with the latest offerings
Indians desire products that offer shattering value for money, so you can always spend your money wisely to get more satisfaction on each penny spent. Combine it with other points mentioned in this blog and you are ready to lead a great lifestyle at affordable prices while you Study in India.